Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Use A Local Consultant

I constantly tell people to use a sales and use tax expert. I mention it in the disclaimer as well as in my seminars and in these various articles.

You need an adviser familiar with local issues. You need someone who knows your state's laws really well, through a regular practice. You need someone who knows the people at high levels of the tax department; someone who goes to the annual barbecue that the state's chief counsel throws. You need someone who knows what the auditor thinks, and the unwritten customs and written procedures she follows. You need someone who knows the sales and use tax ropes.

Frankly, you need someone who knows where the bodies are buried.

And it isn't your typical attorney or CPA.

And where do you find this sales tax god?

Sales Tax Guy

Here's information on our upcoming seminars and webinars

And please don't forget to visit our advertisers!

No comments: