Thursday, June 23, 2005

FAQ: Where can I find industry specific seminars?

At almost every one of my general sales tax seminars, someone will ask about where they can find seminars for their industries. It's usually manufacturers and sometimes contractors. But I'll get very specific requests too. Like one person this week who was interested in a seminar for the floor covering industry.

While I'm developing my own seminar for manufacturers and contractors, doing one for floor covering folks is, unfortunately, not on my immediate agenda. The problem is one of marketing to that narrow of an audience. This applies, not only for myself, but for any seminar organization.

But there is hope. If your industry has an association, particularly at the state level, check to see if they have any training available, or are making plans. And if they do, but haven't gotten anything going yet, mention my name!

STG

No comments: