Monday, August 01, 2005

FAQ: Multilevel marketing reps

Q: I own an multilevel or independent rep marketing business (cosmetics) and I would like to know where I can get an itemized combined sales tax list that will have what tax to charge for each amount.

First of all, I'd suggest contacting the company you represent. In most states, they may have the ultimate responsibility for making sure you charge taxes properly. Secondly, check the revenue page in your state (I've got a link list on my site). There is almost always a significant amount of useful (if hard to digest) information. Otherwise, you'll probably want to talk to your CPA.

Finally, what you may be asking for is a "bracket" table. You can download those from state web sites, if they require that you use them.

By the way, cosmetics are always taxable.


No comments: