Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Great Article: Weirdest Sales and Use Taxes

Burner Above

from Accounting Today

I enjoy reading about weird rules.  I've tripped across many of them in my time, but there's often a new one I haven't heard of.  Usually, there are also a few in the article that look strange to someone unfamiliar with sales and use taxes, but when you look a little closer, they really do make sense. Two items mentioned in this article, the watercraft rule and the flower in the candy rule,  are actually pretty standard and kind of make sense.  But there are some, like the hot air balloon rule, that I've not seen before.  And the belt buckle rule in Texas is truly strange. Enjoy the article.



This link is part of a series called "Excellent articles that I wish I had written."  The short name is "Great Articles." 

The Sales Tax Guy
http://salestaxguy.blogspot.com

Don't forget our upcoming seminars and webinars.
http://www.salestax-usetax.com/
Picture note: the image above is hosted on Flickr. If you'd like to see more, click on the photo. 

No comments: