Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Great Article: Check your nexus footprint

Boots, Leaves and Rail

from salestaxinsight.com

I've got a new term (actually, I've heard it before, but I'm gonna start using it now).  This short article talks about what happens when a state discovers you and thinks you have nexus.  It talks about how you should evaluate your "nexus footprint" on an annual basis.  This way, you make sure that your business hasn't changed since the last time you checked on nexus.

I also didn't know that November was nexus awareness month.  Must have been before my time.

Enjoy the article.

This link is part of a series called "Excellent articles that I wish I had written."  The short name is "Great Articles."  Enjoy.



The Sales Tax Guy
http://salestaxguy.blogspot.com

Don't forget our upcoming seminars and webinars.
http://www.salestax-usetax.com/
Picture note: the image above is hosted on Flickr. If you'd like to see more, click on the photo. 

1 comment:

Derek Hoffman said...

Hey Jim. Thanks for sharing my post. I really appreciate it. I hope you're enjoying National Nexus Awareness Month!!